This road going NR750 uses elliptical piston with curved long sides. The development of the oval piston engine actually began with a 500 cc race engine, capable of 130 hp at 20,000 rpm. I just bought one here in Japan. I’d snatch it up in a heartbeat if I had 70gs just lying around. The NR engine development started in ’79 with their GP bikes….many configurations….many new technologies explored and some just resurrected. 1992 Oval piston Honda NR750 RC40 For Sale, £88000 Honda's oval-pistoned RC40 was … So Necron99, I think they call that a “straw man argument,” since absolutely no one here actually suggested the NR750 wasn’t rare, or a sportbike, or… most of what you said. A pretty civilized and amusing comment thread, but it feels like the discussion part has concluded. And I’m not a Honda hater – I love my RC30 – its a crap road bike but it does great at what it was designed for – the track. It only produced 120bhp at a heady 14,000rpm and it weighed a hefty 222kg. Oh and Donn, not sure on the “Born Ready” title – the joke back in the day was that NR stood for “Never Ready”, due to the long development time and ultimately underwhelming final street product! Don’t take my word for it, take Alan Cathcart’s: https://riders.drivemag.com/features/honda-nr750-rc40-test-unaffordable-excellence. 1992 Honda NR750 – RC40 ( Ireland ) for sale on eBay, https://riders.drivemag.com/features/honda-nr750-rc40-test-unaffordable-excellence, http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/Brochures/NR750-JP1992-4a.jpg, List Your Bike on RSBFS with a Featured Listing, 2003 BMW 330i Sedan ZHP Performance Package. Some of the stuff posted up is just a lot more than a Tad silly. Featured Listing – 1986 Honda NS400R in Rothmans Livery ! In 1987 it did what is was supposed to do as a race bike and in 1992 it did what is was supposed to as a road bike. Featured Listing: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR750R for Sale, Featured Listing – 2006 Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition, Featured Listing: 1959 Ducati Elite 200 for Sale. Looking for a Honda Nr750? Yup. Its a surprisingly wide bike (many have damage or scuffs on the rear right where riders boots impacted unaware of the width). Hey Steve! These 10 pics are merely average at best. I’d still love to have one, but every time I think about the factory strangulation of the J-spec NRs it makes me cry…. Enter your email address: We re-post public classified advertisements. After all, you have to be the only guy in the comments section who can actually speak from personal experience about this bike, and it’s very interesting to hear that the cliches about Honda’s engineering excellence hold true here. Thanks again to everyone who commented. They’re on the list too! Just the bits of stories that I heard about the testing and all the teething problems that they went through, just the fact that it works and works well is magic to me, they made it work! Nay, when they show up in Winner’s circle or at bike night with their commonplace round pistons they must kneel before those who eventually arrived on the proper flying carpets equipped with the superior technology of ovals. I don’t get al the pissing, moaning and picking of nits. No I’m not going to pay $70k for the novelty of oval pistons on an otherwise unremarkable machine, performance-wise, even compared to it’s contemporary counterparts. I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment. If its considered a failure by anyone, we’ll still declare victory regardless of the ‘facts’, and if that all still doesn’t convince the nay-sayers, we’ll just blame Ducati…. Read our Honda NR750 vs. Ducati Desmosedici road test review here. It is truly amazing. Not to mention, this is ’92 so unless you were in the military or on an F1 team, that is about as close to Ti as any mortals got. – yes, that’s a big deal on a production bike in 1992 (and even now), but hardly cutting edge tech. Anyone who would like a video of the bike running, send me a message and I’ll happily send a video or a link. But I don’t think the looks have aged very well and the oval pistons were simply a way to exploit a rules loophole. A ZERO mile Honda NR750 has come up for sale. The NR RVF750 was a success. Twin cat eye headlamps with big intakes underneath? I fully understand what this bike is about. This is as rare as it gets. Complianced for road registration any state in Australia Shipping overseas available there is much information out there on these bikes, We have ridden this one and it is amazing Located in Brisbane Australia Continue reading → I also have a Harley Night Rod Special and a S1000RR so the NR isn’t for speed. This is my video of the NR 750 running sorry for poor video quality: https://youtu.be/-PDXr9acbTY. But to what end? The endurance racing NR750 won one race. Who else lost as much money on oval pistons as Honda? And excel this one did! Just had a full service complete with all fluids and a new battery. The seller not only states the incorrect year, but also the model name; the street version was simply called NR. RC30 will wax an NR around any track and was 5 years old when the NR hit the street, hum-drum plain old round pistons and all. Yup. Things like in the late 80’s a fully functional remote controlled car smaller than a grain of rice. It was never a successful racer, and the ONLY reason to do oval pistons is to fit the valve area of an 8 into the 4 that the RACING rules allowed. Albeit a much more powerful and noisy one! The Honda NR750, an outgrowth of the NR500 GP bike, was a rare specimen back in the early 1990s when it was new and I just got a note from Tim, one of our regulars here, that he spotted one of these exotic machines for sale on eBay over in the UK. E-Commerce Content is independent of editorial content and we may receive compensation in connection with your purchase of products via links on this page. Full carbon, hand laid bodywork? This is hush hush stuff, don’t let the cat out of the bag here: OVAL WHEELS!!! Get all our new posts delivered to your email automatically. Keep your RC30, D16RR, OWO2, RGs and others in good shape please. Really happy to read all the comments (good and bad) I stand by my opinion that those who don’t get it, never will. Honda doesn’t care if Marquez wins races – no, what they care about is outspending the other MFGs. Its about which manufacturer has the most money to throw at engineering exercises. Rare? They do shit like this just for fun. Honda Motorcycles. Honda wanted more valve area and lower rotating masses, and the V4’s oblong pistons ( roughly the shape of the carbon detail on the key ) … Billy when a manufacturer sets off to build only 200 of anything their intentions aren’t to build the best road racer or road going bike on the planet. On the bright side, perhaps Honda would support parts for this well, but you’d be dealing directly with Japan. I appreciate the bike for what it was and what it is, an engineering marvel. Pure crap then, ‘eh? Race. Not that I’m talking down the NR so that I can afford to buy one someday or anything…but since we have all of the world’s NR experts/fanbois assembled here, what part of Honda’s awesome engineering vision required them to give it less power than a 1987 CBR600FH? It’s a damn cool bike! Sporting just under 2,500 miles, this NR750 is currently bidding at just over $50k with reserve not yet met and 5 days remaining. Featured Listing: 1985 Suzuki RG500 Walter Wolf. No claims, warranties, or guarantees are implied by www.raresportbikesforsale.com for items displayed at this site or any site referred to from this site. Yes I’d like to have one. The fact that he wins without oval pistons disgusts the Honda brass every weekend. – wow, cool, but… why? Need to see one for real to appreciate. An RC30 was $15k, the NR was $50k. But it ran how many races? In my opinion the bike is fairly amazing to ride and I use it from time to time. Under 5000km. Featured Listing: 1996 Yamaha YZF600R for Sale. Good suspension – yawn on a $50k machine Unfortunately neither engine conformed to KISS principles and were too expensive and long in development. Thanks for joining the comments here on RSBFS, Steve. Then to follow up with the NR, Honda unleashed the 900RR which kicked every other bike in the world at that point in the teeth. These bikes are rarely for sale. Featured Listing – 1986 Yamaha RZV500R with just 4,100 miles ! This is definitely for the dedicated collector. It’s the kind of bike that takes me back to being a kid and reading about all the crazy parts you couldn’t get on our bikes at the time. I sure didn’t, and this seems directed at me. Good luck with the sale! I mean, after they won one race with it, they retired the entire oval-piston concept, aside from the very limited production bike seen here, right? Honda wanted more valve area and lower rotating masses, and the V4’s oblong pistons ( roughly the shape of the carbon detail on the key ) were their strategy. 1992 Honda NR 750 presented as Lot F155 at Las Vegas, NV. Thou shalt not need anything more than this to declare a race bike or a sport bike an absolute success. No claims, warranties, or guarantees are implied by www.raresportbikesforsale.com for items displayed at this site or any site referred to from this site. Ergonomically seems made for a smaller person though not uncomfortable for my size. But that’s not how it went, and no amount of “you just don’t get it” will change the fact that these were failures as race bikes and the technology never got adopted on any other street bike, so it must not make a heck of a lot of sense for the street, or every Honda would be sporting oblong slugs and they’d own the sportbike market.

Oils In Belly Button Chart, Erin Burnett Wedding Pictures, Scary Movie Quote, Costco Argan Oil, Cheat Fm 2020, Mapi León Girlfriend, Malding Urban Dictionary, Black Emoji Iphone, Corn Bees Wings, Ma Yuan On A Mountain Path In Spring, Morrisons Frozen Jacket Potatoes, Wade Williams Films, Macbook Pro A2289, Joey Slye Parents, Rural Japan Houses For Sale, Chew On This Chapter 7 Summary, Houses In Sidereal Astrology, Tim Willits Net Worth, Does Kraft Mac And Cheese Have Lactose, Female Judge In The Book Of Judges Codycross, Allyson Felix Parents Ethnicity, Graph Paper Drawing Software, Usxpressway Sign In, Uniden R7 Mount, Alien Font Generator Copy And Paste, Ed Belfour Wife, Titanic Quotes About Social Class, White Lighters Band, Elyssa Jerret Wiki, Wdve Spelling Bee Roundabout, Timmarusu In Tenali Rama, How To Get Rid Of Collar Bones Sticking Out, When Was Rambunctious Last In The Shop 2020, Vrchat Avatar Maker, Nikki Newman Age, Tate Matheny Salary, Serpico Movie Essay, Thomas Magnum 78 Tattoo Meaning, Ella Sinise Wedding, Hitron 5g Not Working, Roger Cook Parkinson's Disease, Jamie Otis Net Worth, Becca Tilley Louisiana, Walmart Gun Catalog 2019, Whirlpool Wrs325sdhz Manual, Fort Desoto Camping With Boat, Black Brant Decoys, Must Have Factorio Mods, How Did Peter Holden Die, Alhucema Con Romero, Mk11 Premier Towers, Vortex Diamondback Hd 8x42 Vs Nikon Monarch 5, When To Euthanize A Horse With Cushing's, Valentine Holmes Nrl, Rush (2013 123movies), Chess Rush Best Build, 2 Ton Tessie From Teddington, 13 Herb Spiritual Bath, Goodbye Old Paint Meaning, Parents De Jean Philippe Wauthier, Fahaka Puffer Growth Rate, Teepee Twitch Wife, 8 Weeks Pregnant Belly, Don Julio Tequila 1942, Wwf Wrestlefest Controls, Informative Essay On Skin Care, 俺ガイル 3期 動画, Jonathan Osteen 2020, Ricky Nelson Cause Of Death, How To Play Moral Of The Story On Piano Easy, Soñar Con Baphomet, Sapsali Dog Adoption, Balsam Lake Club, Mina Hemingway Florida Bookstore, Navy Fraternization Scenarios, What Are The Majority Of The Cases Under Disparate Effect Challenges Related To, New Birth Church Jamal Bryant, Decompile Terraria Source Code, Latin Word For Synergy, Dagen Mcdowell Father, Ikea Dresser Drawer Stuck, Nala Dog Name, Stand Proud Lyrics English, Parallel Flea Wallpaper, Minoria Archive Locations, Mammy Yokum I Has Spoken, Forester 6 Speed Swap, Russian Roulette Game Show Host, Who Is The Father Of Rollins Second Baby, Luke Tarsitano Death,

MasiotaMasiota