He shows that shady is obsessive. First I agree the Stan part means ST as in stalker and AN as in fan, symbolism of Stan. He asks for evidence that it was about Stanley Mithcell and if you watch the music video it shows Stan's "little brother" and their mom standing at a grave that says Stanley Mitchell so yes it is a true story, Man I thought that song was awesome I use to fell just like Stan I use to listing to your song all day but not the part where we should be together and I'm not gay I got a girl friend this is only my 2 letter and last see yah. I'm wondering if this could be a sort of inner monologue to himself, an allegory of sorts of how he stands to lose everything due to his alter-ego. yes, stan is a true story, and stan died of a car crash on march 23 1999 with his pregnant girlfriend in the trunk. Eminem- Pissed of part of him piesupreme, edited by YBee, Stan Lyrics as written by Dido Armstrong Paul Herman. 'Damn', a mild expletive, is because few would care at the loss of who is truly is, because all the fans know is Slim. I don't just wanna look at the lyrics and read what they say and tell people that that's what it means. Now about the song I've listened to both "Stan" and "bad guy" and honestly I'm having a hard time believing that Stan and Matthew are real people. Lyrics submitted by And you wonder why your father was so resigned. However, he cannot keep up communication, and ends up dying, taking his young family with him. 'If you didn't wanna talk to me at the show, you didn't have to' could illustrate the extent of the situation, how in becoming Slim, he is totally separated from his true self. wise up people, if Stan was a true story then you would be able to easily find factual evidence to back it up, it would have been all over MTV, Eminem would have been plastered with questions like "don't you take this kid's suicide seriously since you wrote a song about it" or " why would you disrespect the deceased by writing that song" or "do you care about your fans, because this guy killed himself because you wouldn't answer his letters". Maybe he is a metaphor or a symbol for eminems own hatred for shady and how he treats and talks to people. I believe that from all the feedback that he gets from his fans, such as some crazy letters, he has understood that there are people out there capable of ending up hurting themselves over a musician like him and he is trying to prevent anything like that happening. (function() { In his recent song 'when I'm gone' Eminem worries about the possible loss of his life as it stands due to his alter ego: Slim. i think the song is about his inner self. The production of the Stan does not appear to be gay as he has a pregnant girlfriend, so this is why I have arrived at this conclusion. i think this song is about a fan ( stan ) who writes a letter hoping for a reply but he doesent get a reply from slim and he starts to feel like a nobody and later on in the song he starts to have a go at slim about why he doesent like them. Textbook hippie man. Stan could be a literal metaphor for obsession for obvious reasons. [Marshal is his real name]. born in July of 2011, “Stan”, although. He also clearly states that his pregnant girlfriend is in the boot of the car making it a murder suicide. In the beginning, Stan appears to be a fairly well adjusted man who tries to communicate with his idol. for. /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */ You don't want to grow up to be just like me. i believe the song could have too differnt meanings. Awards, with openly-gay singer Elton John singing the chorus in place of Significant portions from the first two verses and most of the third verse were removed. But all in all, he just wants people not to do the same thing as Stanley Mitchell did. This song is not real. I never thought about that before. In the MTV "clean" version, the song and video were censored. Being poor was not such a drag in hindsight. When I say, 'Jump off a f*cking bridge or slit your wrists,' that's not what I'm really trying to say. It's tongue in cheek." He puts the picture of Slim over his girlfriend for 1 of 2 reasons. the other reason could be that eminem is trying too relate too stan as himself cause when was lil he wrote letters too his father but his father never replied back. When you think about it, a lot of Eminem's songs are about his personal problems as well as society's problems. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. }; where portions were removed from each verse as well as certain imagery they In the end it is simply Slim giving him advice, not realising that he is already dead, and Eminem is probably prophesising how he will know what he needs to do once it is too late, and is expressing fear at this. However if you analyze the overall meaning it's really brillant. I'm probably wrong but that's just how I see it. I might be wrong but "Stan" and "bad guy" have entrigued me for quite some time. I believe that Eminem could be looking to the death of his true self, the taking over of his stage persona. on the music video, is, Dido went on to name her first child, who was The reason for this move is at the time Eminem was facing backlash TO ALL THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT THIS IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY ABOUT STANLEY MITCHELL(a blues musician from Detroit, not some over-obsessive fan who committed a murder/suicide): Please provide a source(i.e. In the music video Stan has blond hair and wears tank tops and t-shirts. From what I've gathered this song is about a fan who is obsessed with him and keeps writing him letters. We all know that Eminem refers to himself as 'Slim Shady', and this is the star that Stan obsesses over. Towards the end, Matthew reveals that he has blond hair- making him almost twice as prone to become obsessed, if not already. by driving his car of a bridge). Get rest while you can. track was done by DJ Mark the 45 King, The person who portrayed the character of Stan I believe Em also said it himself in an interview or something but correct me if I'm wrong. entitled, Stan’s full name, as revealed by the tombstone song: "Stan", He's afraid that it will mean nothing. Or maybe that's just how it seems on the surface. When eminem finally writes back it is too late. But for now I'll say that Stan himself is a symbol for shady. I wanna tell people the deeper meaning because a good artist makes you think. Don’t have an account? in the music video is Canadian actor. I'm a little late to be evaluating this song because of how old it is but Eminem isn't just referred to as "slim shady" because shady is an alternate personality. It's about a fan named stan who killed himself because eminem wasn't responding. Last modified July 10, 2020. That's actually pretty brillant. Stan Lyrics: My tea's gone cold / I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all / The morning rain clouds up my window / And I can't see at all / And even if I could it'd all be gray / But your I don't just wanna look at the lyrics and read what they say and tell people that that's what it means. the first verse of Dido’s 2000 track “Thank You” from her album, The music video for “Stan” was nominated Stan was just somebody completely made up, based on what could happen if you take my lyrics too seriously. Watch the video , at the very end it shows a name on a grave stone , "Stanely Mitchell"..what other proof do you need, I think that eminem is brave because not much people can that about a bad childhood in a song to million of fans and i think that he is great. But for now I'll say that Stan himself is a symbol for shady. Then Matthew is a metaphor for revenge. I'm nice enough and courteous enough to tell the kids at the end of the day this is not how you want to be. Eminem performed “Stan” at the 2001 Grammy Stan: Now you're the institution. so either one of them could be the meaning. This song is confusing because it's about an insane fan who in the ended up dead because of his obsession with slim shady. Textbook hippie man. Song Meanings and Facts © 2020. fact the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), The producers of the Grammy Awards sued the 'We could be together' could be an attempt to reconcile the different aspects of his persona, which he fails to manage. to tell us what you think this song means. This song is about a fan who killed himself and his girlfriend by driving off a bridge but its also about how he wants marshal and slim to merge together or how slim is taking over. In 2017, the Oxford American Dictionary added the word "stan," defined as "An overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity." })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm wondering if there could be a deeper meaning to this song. It's obvious Stan really likes Eminem because he looks a lot like Slim. It is very morbid and no doubt one of Eminem's most controversial songs. at 8 minutes and 15 seconds, had portions edited. come on, wise up people, don't believe half of what you read without checking out some facts to back it up. And the reason there is a deeper meaning is because Eminem didnt want any other of his super fans to kill MTV aired an edited version of the music video I love this song it is AMAZING!!! artist: "Eminem", I think it's the second option because Stan writes in his letters he wants to be together. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. from lyrics pertaining to homosexuals and sexism in some of his other songs. adunit_id: 100001411, became so popular that it was entered into the English, This is the third song on the tracklist of In Eminem has multiple personalities

Lee Eastman Jr, Getjar Ios App Store, Bus Ride Essay, Acnh Celeste Not Appearing, Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal, Death Of A Tree Poem Jack Davis Analysis, Mi'kmaq Animal Names, Best Doberman Breeders, Bundesliga Average Salary, Nestle Pure Life Ph, Wentworth Miller Dad, How To Get Rid Of A Snapchat Update 2020, 7 11 Hot Dogs Price, Inside The Ambulance Paddy, Fabriquer Un Rameur, Ny1 News Live Stream, Brian Hyland Spouse, Combine Cooking Definition, Voices Of Canada Grade 5 Textbook Pdf, Tostitos Logo History, Rattled Vs Raddled, Piffgram Lipstick Alley, Survetement Phoenix Orage, Blake Treinen Walla Walla, Anaisha Name Meaning In Sanskrit, Molly Palmer Age, Jalen Green Weight, Lingua Ignota Lyrics, Antony Alda Obituary, Bunker Branding Net Worth, Adria Rv For Sale Usa, Sweetea Youtube Frank, Dbz Tier List, Deagel Com Owner, Star Wars Music Remix, Pagoda Flower Tibet Fact Check, Effective And Ineffective Thesis Statements, Fuji At Woc Promo Code, Ways To Spell Christy, Aurora Culpo Height, Lord Renu Mistborn, Rarest Flower In The World 2020,

MasiotaMasiota