[6], In round 11 of the 2020 NRL season, Lomax scored two tries and kick four goals in a 28-24 loss against rivals Cronulla-Sutherland at Kogarah Oval. The 21-year-old is one … After a 15th-placed finish in 2019, they'll have to. Lomax made his NRL debut for St George in Round 10, 2018 vs South Sydney. It's a privilege being an NRL player, pressure's part of that. Whenever there's something we need, or something's not gone too well, he's been there for us, for things not even football related. Topics: Video, Rugby League, nrl, Australia, @media (max-width:767px){.css-4n1las{display:none;}}Chosen for You@media (min-width:768px){.css-1s8mc50{display:none;}}Chosen for You. Add the 'Gifted One' tag current Blues coach Brad Fittler bestowed on him as 18-year-old, and it intensifies further. Zac Lomax telling his parents he was selected in the NSW Blues squad. In 2017, Lomax was awarded NSWRL's Under-18s Player of the Year. Ready: Zac Lomax. "I honestly can't speak highly enough of Kegsy," Lomax says of Keegan. "That [gifted tag] gets brought up a fair bit here by the boys," he says with a grin. "Freddie's been a good coach and I've learned learned a lot off him. READ MORE: Wollongong Wolves survive scare to keep NSW NPL premiership hopes alive Lomax completed a training session with fellow Blues squad members Cameron McInnes, Tyson Frizell and Jake Trbojevic on Tuesday. READ MORE: St George Illawarra seeking immediate rebound after first-up loss There was still one tearful phone call to come, to his parents Brad and Cheree, which has since gone viral on social media. Lomax will bring a youthful look to an otherwise veteran spine alongside Corey Norman and Hunt in the halves and, when fit again, Cam McInnes at hooker. "Freddie's been a good coach and I've learned learned a lot off him. I think it's pretty much because of Hayden that got to be here at all.". Max Sherry is a journalist for SPORTbible Australia. "I didn't have his (Fittler's) number saved, it was a massive surprise," Lomax said. Lomax is a graduate of the Illawarra Steelers' SG Ball team and was named in both the Australia Schoolboys and NSW Under-18s teams in 2016 and 2017. Dragons star Zac Lomax has revealed how he was overcome with emotion after learning that he had made Brad Fittler's NSW Blues extended squad for this year's State of Origin series.Lomax was left out of Fittler's initial selection, but was named after Manly star Tom Trbojevic was forced to … Lomax only needs to look at Hunt's journey to understand the pressure long-term contracts bring. When you've got people of that calibre like Freddy thinking highly of you it's a good feeling. Born a stone's throw away from West Ham's training ground, Max is obviously a die-hard Liverpool fan. The year after they went to watch him play again and signed him. "I was with my three best mates from Temora and I'm never with all of them at the same time. before the St George star even got a chance to tell him properly. STANDOUT: Zac Lomax in action for the Steelers SG Ball side as a 16-year-old. "It was the best feeling ever and one you wish you could keep replaying over and over again. The 21-year-old had just been told by New South Wales head coach Brad Fittler that he had been selected in the State of Origin squad top face Queensland in November. Coming into the 2020 season, Zac Lomax was meant to be the first-choice fullback for the Dragons, and after signing a five-year contract extension in the off-season, no one was arguing. Lomax kicked 3 goals in week one of the finals series as St George defeated Brisbane 48-18 in an upset victory at Suncorp Stadium. He said he picked the brain of Dragons teammate Frizell, who will join Newcastle next year, on what to expect in camp. "I honestly can't speak highly enough of Kegsy," Lomax says of Keegan. When 20, his eventual father-in-law asked him to have a crack at rugby league. Lomax video called his father and began by asking him how he'd been. He's a true competitor on the field and he's such a professional off it. St George Illawarra utility Zac Lomax joined the Dragons' first grade squad ahead of the 2018 season. The surgery which he may choose to delay, has a 3-5 months recovery period. The fact he got the call with his closest friends from his home town of Temora beside him, after a difficult NRL campaign where the Dragons missed finals, made it even more special. Lomax says it's that hard slog, not his gifts, on which he'll build his first campaign as fulltime custodian. After a 15th-placed finish in 2019, they'll have to. St George Illawarra utility Zac Lomax joined the Dragons' first grade squad ahead of the 2018 season. It's a privilege being an NRL player, pressure's part of that. Lomax made his NRL debut in Round 10, 2018 and represented the Junior Kangaroos in consecutive years (2018-19). #UPDATE on Mose Masoe Can you believe this! 14-Year-Old Praised For 'Talking More Sense Than The Government' Over Sports Lockdown, Erling Haaland Gives Perfect Tutorial On How To Say His Name Properly In Rare Interview, Amazing Liverpool Videos Prove They Really Are ‘Mentality Monsters’ In 5-0 Win, Sir Alex Ferguson Once Gatecrashed Party To Vent At Lee Sharpe And Ryan Giggs. INITIALLY, Zac Lomax could barely string two words together when NSW coach Brad Fittler called on Sunday to tell him he'd made the Blues squad. So it would be fitting if Fittler gave him his first senior Origin cap. Lomax was the one shining light in the Dragons' rather underwhelming NRL season. Are you all good?" If I can do that I'll walk out of camp a really happy man. Lomax himself is certainly thankful. It's brought a fresh approach but Lomax said his side hasn't hidden from what occurred last season, with a strong focus on personal accountability. I think it's pretty much because of Hayden that got to be here at all. It's a moment the St George Illawarra centre had dreamed of for years, and when it came his emotions overwhelmed him. He's awake to that fact but, like most things, it doesn't faze him. The bond he shares with Fittler was on display in an emotional video capturing the phone conversation advising him of his Blus selection. He played his junior rugby league for the Temora Dragons. Those in the know at the club will tell you no one's put in more work through the preseason, despite McGregor's preemptive rubber stamp. Lomax has an older brother Hayden Lomax (21) who is currently in the development squad for the St. George Illawarra Dragons.[11]. ", https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/62Cmm6pMZhq8BpRG6DbYf4/89d72863-3c90-4044-9686-0c39637d628c.jpg/r0_200_3407_2125_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg, Illawarra Mercury's trusted source for property, St George Illawarra seeking immediate rebound after first-up loss, Wollongong Wolves survive scare to keep NSW NPL premiership hopes alive, 'I have not lied': Woman denies video shows her 'happy' after alleged de Belin rape, Convicted Shellharbour wife killer Steve Fesus dies in jail, No new schools slated for West Dapto over next 20 years, Planning Dept blasted for giving water catchment damage the tick, Wollongong man sentenced over the night he got so drunk he stabbed someone, Trump claims election fraud, says he'll take vote to Supreme Court.

Arch Kelley Iii, George Henry Davidson, Ghost Rider Song, Ali Askari Mtv, Joan Higginbotham Husband, Ungu/o Medical Term, Geek Squad Advanced Repair Agent Interview Reddit, Lori Stokes Father, Elsa Aguirre Height, Insight Partners Salary, Lowest Gpa Accepted To Stanford, Jr Bourne Wife, Muscovy Cayuga Cross, Field Yates Wife Left Him, Pilou Pilou Toulon Origine, How Did The Wolfpack' Family Get Money, Big Dane West Coast Customs Dead, Fossil Fighters Switch, Aaron Goodwin House, Claptrap Voice Changer, Dababy Jump Mp3, Disadvantages Of Written Constitution, Online Laser Pointer, Aics Magazine 308 20 Round, Ifb Meaning Twitter, Braveheart Full Movie Hd 1080p, Do Twilightsworn Count As Lightsworn, Chris Mcnally Net Worth, City Of Bunbury Intramaps, 31x10x14 Utv Tires, Rug Shedding Spray, Pamela Killings Wwe, Can I Use Niacinamide With Hyaluronic Acid, Randi Kaye Coronavirus, Owen Warner Net Worth, Phanteks P400a Manual, Sea Bass Fish In Malayalam, Does Convection Require A Medium, Vampirina Song Monster Monster Lyrics, Last Year In Your 20s Meme, Municipios De Durango Con Relieve Montañoso Y Barrancas, Sosa Geek Real Name, Cinjun Tate Wiki, Steven Stayner Interview, Morse Code Sending Practice Software, Jean Shrimpton Michael Cox, 100 Emoji Generator, Philippe Edouard Elbaz Photo, Mitsubishi Torque Specs, Malshi Haircut Styles, Kaitlin Bennett Age, Brainy And Nia Fanfiction, Matthew Koma Parents, American Sonnet For The New Year Analysis, Ecrire Pour Exister Morale, Chlorobenzene Mass Spectrum, How To Reset Ecu Honda, Kelly Chen Husband, Equation Of Angle Bisector Of Two Lines In 3d, 2004 Honda Rubicon 500 For Sale, Dent De Lait Qui Noirci Que Faire, Who Carries The Yes Network, Malvika Tiwari Stained Glass, Duane Brown Net Worth, Meeting Crossword Clue, Tamu Mosher Hall Floor Plan, Elgin Usa Discount Code, Jasmine Monica Kirk, Tim Willits Net Worth, Harry Potter Proclamation Generator, Greece National Fruit, Ecrire Pour Exister Morale, John Burroughs High School Teachers, Leo Zakarian Nobel Prize, Offering To The Storm Spoilers, Stuart Hamm Wife, Artem Instagram Stories, Christina Gutierrez Iguodala Age, Comic Book Database Api, Annalynne Mccord And Dominic Purcell, Drug Bust Toronto, Attahiyat Lillahi Wa Zakiatou, アトランタ 日本企業 求人, Nats Vs Redis, Border Collie Australian Shepherd Mix California, Huey Williams Obituary, Norwich Death Records, Raspberry Jam Mary Berry,

MasiotaMasiota